Wednesday, October 03, 2007

ski fun

After around 20 years of my last skiing experience I wanted to give it a second try. So went to the Hintertuxer Gletscher in Austria for the weekend. Wisely we decided to check out the area on our faithful snowboards on the first day, before we hit the slope with two of that skinny pickets on our plastic coffined feet on the second.
Being two snowboard old hands the first day was, beside poor visibility and painful t-bar lifts, rather uneventful. The second day proved to be of a different nature. Beginning with the great weather, sun and a magnificent view I expected an easy one and a lot of fun. Unfortunately my skis had a sort of constant disagreement about the way to go and kept heading into different directions, trying to tear me apart in the middle. But with a firm hand I managed to convince them to work together, unfortunately against me. So from now on I kept heading into the direction of ski lifts, groups of innocent skiers, snowboarders and other bystanders, poles, crevices, large rocks, piste machines and so on. In the end I managed to impose my will on my disobedient skis by carrying them on my shoulder down the last slope :-D


1:0 for the skis, but there will be a next time :-)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For being there faithfully at your side the whole day last Sunday, I must say that you've been very modest through this article cause you managed pretty well (at least much better than I expected, since like you said, the first lessons took place so long ago...) to get control over your skis most of the time (I was impressed!) and for the ones who'll laugh at you watching the video (I know... I did as well), we also have another one which shows you using them in the normal way! ;-) Bussis, me.

fhl said...

Totgeglaubte leben länger:
Hey - gleich 3 Posts in einer Nacht!
Und dann noch mit einem so coolem Video - da werd ich ja noch neidisch ...
Cheers, me