Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Tell me

Am I a weirdo because I care about waste, pollution, social responsibility and the future. Why is not giving a shit cool? Why is ones own comfort or the latest apple gadget so important, when people starve, despair, die in front of our door? Why is it hard to talk about these things?

The only answer I could come up with so far is that the human being is a egoistic, lazy, greedy and ignorant bastard. And that I find rather depressing.

Can you give me a better answer?

2 comments:

fhl said...

Ich fürchte, der Blog-Autor hier hat wohl recht ...:

http://www.interface-ag.com/blog/ee/ol-wird-knapper-hat-das-konsequenzen-fur-uns/

Anonymous said...

My Gosh!
I hope you´re not as despaired and angry as you sound!
I would say that life is unfair when you think about it this way and it´s certainly true.
My question now is: why can´t the human being realise it when he is actually happy, why do we enjoy complaining so much and so often, why does it sound cool (apparently) to be stressed?
I´d be interested in an answer to that too!
I love you and that makes me tremendously happy,
Aude