Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Back from China

Am back from China for 3 days already and deep into work and pre-christmas stress already. For some reasons I wasn't aware of christmas approaching, despite the occasional silver plastic christmas tree with colorful lights in China ;-)
So now I have to find ideas for Christmas presents and would appreciate every suggestion!!

China and especially seeing my girlfriend again after nearly 3 month was great. I got a chance for a ride in the only productive Transrapid in the world, connecting Shanghai Pudong airport with Shanghai downtown, and going at 430 km/h close to the ground was quite impressive. Most of the two weeks I spend in Nanjing and got a glimpse of chinese city life . The traffic is crazy and going by bike is quite an adventure. My survival strategy was staying in a group of chinese cyclists whenever passing a big street crossing. If this group of natives went in a different direction than I intended, so what! The rule for expats is: If you are in the middle of a crossing and there are no chinese cyclists close, you did something wrong and there is big trouble ahead (normally in the shape of a huge truck or a fast taxi).

But going through downtown fast and at night (when the traffic is a bit less perilous) is certainly an experience and quite enjoyable.
Beside traffic there is great food and nice people in Nanjing. And buying food on the street or going to one of the innumerable little restaurants is always an enjoyable and affordable experience.

Concerning the job search there seems to be a little light on the horizon, but nothing is signed yet. I will inform you all about the outcome and where the party will be in time ;-)

Sorry for not providing any pictures yet, but I will post some asap!

Hope everything is well and have a nice Adventszeit!

Cheers, Anatol

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm happy that you can write in German: Adventszeit ;-)


jezo